A Modern Divorce is grounded in the present and focused on the future. A “modern” person advocates or practices a departure from traditional styles or values. A Modern Divorce rejects the traditional court-driven path to divorce. Instead each of our partners, Modern Divorce Resolution LLC, Taylor & Weber LLC, and Mitchell Hayes LLC, provide expert service with a commitment to create resolution and reduce conflict.
If you want to have a modern divorce we suggest following these 6 steps:
- Decide on a productive process for divorce – Mediation or negotiation. Or read this to learn about the court-driven litigation process.
- Choose your team. Lawyers, other professionals, friends, family should support your decision.
- Gather your information.
- Know the issues – Property division. Alimony. Child support. Child custody .
- Work on resolution – What is fair?
- Finalize your divorce with the court.